Frequently Asked Questions
As with any new project, there are always questions and we're happy to answer.
A shell package includes:
- Wall Panels
- Roof Panels
- Door & Window Rough Openings
- Timberframe Components
- 2 sets of Blueprints
- Detailed Shop Drawings
- $1,500 Structural Engineer Discount
Does not include:
- Optional Add-Ons
- Shipping and Assembly
- Crane or Hiab
- Structural Engineering
Feel free to contact us and share your project inspiration. This will allow us to review it more in detail and give you a rough estimate.
A Preliminary Design Package includes:
- Design Consultation
- Floor Plans
- Window & Door Schedules
- 3D Building Model
- Shell Quotation
We are located in Lone Butte, British Columbia
If a truck, boat or barge can get there then so can our shell packages.
Our in-house drafting technicians can take your sketch off of a napkin, if you have an internet inspiration or we can modify a stock plan.
All Timberframe construction requires a Structural Engineer who warrants the structural integrity and provides oversight throughout the project.
At this time we work together with a 3rd party Structural Engineer who stamps and seals the blueprints.
- Chetwynd, BC
- Brighton Bay, Gambier Island, BC
- Brigade Bay, Gambier Island, BC
- Mahood Lake, BC
- Sparwood, BC
- Squamish, BC
- Green Lake, BC
- Bellingham, USA
- 100 Mile House, BC
- Lac La Hache, BC
- Lac Des Roches, BC
- Watchan Lake, Nakusp, BC
- 108 Mile Ranch, BC
The subfloor and foundation are built by your contractor as per blueprints drawn by Trinity, with no special requirements unless noted otherwise.
Nearly all types.
Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) are the most common, as a full basement or crawlspace. Poured Slab, Post & Pillar, Screw Piles and temporary Skids with IPP® Floor Panels are some other options.
We have a trained IPP® system crew who will set up and lockdown your shell package.
- R-Value at 7.0 per inch
- Polyurethane has adhesive properties that directly penetrate OSB creating very strong bond
- Polyurethane is a Closed-Celled Foam which means:
- Mold & Mildew Resistant
- No Dust or No Allergens
- Pest Resistant
- Polyurethane Foam is cured and inert in 60 mins
- It is one of the Greenest foams available today:
- No Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC’s)
- No Polychlorinated Biphenyl (VOC’s)
- No Hydrofluorocarbons (HFC’s)
- No Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB’s)
- No Off-Gasing
- Class-1 Fire Rated Foam
- Class-1 is highest rating a building product can obtain
- Polyurethane is a thermal-set plastic, alone at 1000 degrees it will not melt & only char
- Permeance rating of 1.2
Our 4″ Wall Panels have an R-value of 29
Our 6″ Roof Panels have an R-value of 39
Typically fir wood is light cream and reddish brown and has a straight grain. You can choose to clear coat or use a colour stain.
We recommend Sashco.
Trinity does provide a complimentary light sanding prior to delivery, additional sanding is available.
Rough-sawn or Rough-Cut is the name given to timber or lumber milled on a band saw and has a rough yet uniformly even surface.
Our stock fir timber arrives and is sold as rough-cut or rough-sawn, which gives it a rustic appeal and look.
- Zip router 1 ½” channels in desired locations, place wire, re-foam and cover with finish.
- All electrical chases will run down through subfloor
- Wall panels are non-load bearing
- Roof panels router channels need to run north to south
- All plumbing must be on interior walls just as per code
- Traditional methods
Mechanical & Interior Framing :
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning)
- No Special Requirements and installed to code
It is an optional add on, however we recommend it as AeroBarrier is an interior applied air sealing system that seals any unseen building envelope leaks up to 1/2”. The Trinity IPP® System is sealed with varying items such as foam gaskets, polyurethane spray foams, caulks, and foam backer rods however Aerobarrier is that extra step in sealing any leakage that is potentially missed or too small to the eye.
Please click here for more information.
A certified Aerobarrier technician will perform the sealing process after the windows and doors have been installed and when the shell can be pressurized with a blower door device.
- $1,500 Preliminary Design Package (Credited off your final deposit)
- 60% due at signing as per shell quotation
- 30% due at sixty days from signing
- 10% due upon delivery or 30 days from manufacturing completion
Congratulations! Let’s get started! Please contact us and we’d be happy to help.